Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Windows Down, Music Up

My feet were a lot more satisfied today, as they were able to make their way into some black pumps for work.  With the help of Band-Aids, last weekends blisters were perfectly fine and my black waist-banded coral dress was complete.  Lauren had her shadow day today, basically following Boozman to every meeting, hearing, conference, etc.  After her full day, she couldn't help but want a nap, saying she wasn't sure how the Senator did that all day every day... just another reason he is a rock star!

Yesterday, I was asked to put together a couple of hearing binders by one of the Legislative Correspondents.  After I finished, he told me about the hearing, which was today, and of course I wasn't going to turn down attending a hearing where JB would be speaking.  That was this morning.  Lauren sat beside me, and I somewhat felt like a parent beaming with pride when Boozman took the mic.  He makes me so proud to be an Arkansan.  In the afternoon, Staci and I gave a tour to a man and his children.  As always, they were so kind, and the children were well-behaved.  I like giving tours with other interns because we always have backup.  If one of us forgets something, the other can tag in, and vice versa.  Like mama says, the more the merrier!

In some free time, I was able to read part of a book I just started, called The Help.  It tells the story of black maids who are working in Jackson, Mississippi for wealthy families, but it reads from the different perspectives of the maids.  The book adequately incorporates southern slang, making it nearly realistic.  I love that.  And so far, I love the book. 


So, here I lie in bed, in my (way too) over sized t-shirt and baggy pajama pants, listening to Adele and the sound of sirens ringing throughout Washington.  I can't help but think about how great my life is right now.  I'm blessed beyond belief, compare, measure.  Here I am, a college student, who is able to pursue any facet of life imaginable.  I'm able to experience life on an open road, and I'm doing it with the windows rolled down and the music turned up.


...please tell me what there is to complain about.
When you're happy like a fool, let it take you over.
When everything is out, you gotta take it in.
Oh, this has gotta be the good life.
This has gotta be the good life.
This could really be a good life, good life.
---One Republic, Good Life

1 comment:

  1. My mom bought this book a few years ago and said it's soo good! I've also seen where some more of my friends have read it lately. I love your new layout :) and I love when you talk about heels and clothes. Mainly because I'm not a girly girl so it's funny to hear you talk about it as a part of your everyday lifestyle. haha AND I love psalm 73:26 from a previous post. It's what my last post was all about! I realized you do such a good job at updating and I need to do better. I've written a couple of drafts but haven't published them yet. haha oops. oh and one more thing...do you get to see mark pryor very much? because my uncle who lives in DC (bobby franklin) knows him well and actually worked for his dad as in intern just like you and lauren, but it was like 20 years ago! keep the updates comin!

    ReplyDelete