Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

DC Adventures! (7.25.11)

I'm trying out new blog templates and what not, so bare with me the next few weeks or so-- my blog will be a changing work in progress!

Music makes me so happy.  It's amazing to me how you can find an absolute perfect song reflecting your mood at any given point in time.  Tonight's favorites:
  • Someone Like You by Adele
  • Good Life by One Republic
  • God Gave Me You by Blake Shelton
I'm one of those people who really intently listens to lyrics, and if I get distracted, I'll usually start the song over.  Some people focus on the rhythm or melodies, and those make the song what it is, too, but I find I like most songs because of the lyrics. 

It was great to be back on the Hill today.  All of Senator Boozman's staff was super comforting and encouraging.  The Senator actually asked Lauren and I to come into his office (this is uncharted territory for interns) so he could speak with us.  He was incredibly caring, and made every effort to ensure we knew if we needed anything, all we have to do is ask.  We chatted about miscellaneous topics, from family to school, all the while JB being most pleasant to talk with.  He reminded us, like dad did, to soak up as much as we could while we are here.  Our national debt problem is history in the making, but something we sometimes overlook because it is simply part of our every day lives.  Boozman is so good about stopping and talking with the interns, something he certainly does not have to do.  We hang out with Senator Pryor's interns every so often.  From what they say, they don't interact with their Senator very much.  Our boss is very personal.  What a wonderful man I work for this summer!

This weekend, I was so excited about wearing my "Safari" wedges that I forgot about potential blisters-- major buzz kill.  This resulted in me wearing flats today, and probably tomorrow.  Sorry, feet.  Maybe we can transition back into heels on Wednesday.

During a slow couple of hours today, I put together plans for this coming weekend.  William is coming to DC, and I want his visit to be perfect... more like a fun getaway, rather than a history class.  While today was slow, I think tomorrow will pick up a bit.  In the morning, I will either be doing a tour with Asa Hutchinson, or attending a Fair Tax hearing by Mike Huckabee.  Either of those will be fantastic I'm sure!  Some of our group went to a happy hour tonight not far from our dorm, but I didn't feel so hot when we got home, so I took a nap. Alas, I am awake and blogging at 3 am. :)

Some pics from our first softball game with the office...
 
How legit-- playing America's game on America's lawn!
I think this was a slap bunt?  Go, Lauren!

Lauren didn't like batting, so we may or may not have switched so I could bat for her... In this particular hit, I got in a pickle, but got out and scored. Of course. ;)



My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
-Psalm 73:26

No comments:

Post a Comment