Powered by Blogger.

Monday, August 1, 2011

Weekend Shenanigans

     This weekend was without a doubt my favorite weekend in DC thus far! I was able to spend time doing things I've been wanting to do with some of my favorite people!  William and my agenda was as follows:

---Friday:
Dinner in Chinatown at Clyde's
Get-together at Merrick's apartment
Out and about on U Street
---Saturday:
Eastern Market
Market Lunch
Smithsonian Zoo
Fro yo
Dinner at Ben's Chili Bowl
Out in Georgetown
---Sunday:
Float Trip
Dinner with William's Aunt and Uncle

     Soooo many great things!  I wish I could have had time to blog about each day, but that didn't happen, so I'll have to hit the highlights... Clyde's was super yummy, and we had fun with the interns at Merrick's.  U Street was quite an experience.  William decribed it as a clean Bourbon Street.  Lots of sketchball bars and what not, but we did find a few fun places--- one that included karaoke where we sang "Friends In Low Places" and called the Hogs! 
     Eastern Market has definitely been one of my top experiences of DC.  That is MY kind of place.  It was a flea market, as well as a farmer's market. They had some of the tastiest fruit I've ever put in my mouth, and some of the neatest booths with deals you can't beat with a stick.  I was pretty sad I couldn't bring home any of the colorful flowers, but seeing them sure made me happy.  We had Market Lunch after noon, and it was so delicious.  Lauren, William, and I shared crab cakes and a chicken sandwich complimented by a sweet tea/lemonade mix.  Yum!  I made a few purchases (they were steals for sure!) and headed out with some super cute jewelry.  They had a cupcake truck-- yes, truck-- which I was so amused by!  I love simple things like that!
     After the market, we went to the Zoo, where we saw elephants (I now know the difference between Asian and African elephants), apes, and reptiles, among other things.  Of course, I located a frozen yogurt shop, and we made sure to get some of that goodness!  Later that night we went to Ben's Chili Bowl, and had chili dogs, and chili-cheese fries.  It was so worth it. :)  President Obama has eaten here, so it was neat to see pictures of that.  We tried going meeting up with Lauren and Katie Howe that night, but our Georgetown outing was cut short by a crippling blister.  It was literally crippling-- I could not walk.  So, we taxied it home, but up until that point, I was wearing tan flip wedges.  I did not think you could go wrong with that, but maybe it was a sign that we needed to rest up for...
     Sunday was our intern FLOAT TRIP!  We had a great time on Front Royal, but the river was low, so parts of the ride were bumpy.  I got a significant amount of sun, but hopefully it will be tan just in time for Rush!  For dinner, William and I met up with his Aunt and Uncle who live in the DC area.  It is so nice to visit with Arkansans, especially when southern hospitality is sometimes lacking in Washington.  You would think people have the idea that smiling and being hospitable isn't socially acceptable here.  New flash: it's the best trend ever! :D


    
Flowers from Eastern Market!

Obama @ Ben's

Asian Elephant @ the Zoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment