Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

DC Adventures! (7.13.11)

First blog. Ready, go!     
     I've had the idea of starting a blog for a while, and recently a couple of dear friends of mine (cough, cough, Morgan Newton and Cambry Knies) started blogging, and I'm picking up the trend!  I also feel like this will be a great way for my family and friends to keep up with my Washington, D.C. shenanigans. Keep in mind that I am skipping over about a week of intern stories-- sorry-- but I'm so excited to start with today!  So, here we go!
     First off, DC weather has really surprised me.  It is equally as hot as Arkansas, but I'd say about twice as humid, which makes for some crazy hair days.  Today was a great day!  This morning, all of Senator Boozman's interns attended a research lecture in the Library of Congress.  Honestly, it wasn't that interesting, but it's fun to be with all the interns as a group.  All of us are from Arkansas, except for two, who are from the north.  Both of them go to school in Michigan!  
     Lauren and I had lunch with a close friend of Allison's, Kelsey Stroud.  Kelsey is always so fun!  She was so eager to know how our time in DC has been so far.  She made a list of "must-do's" while we are in town!  We can't wait to get started on that!  I helped lead my first tour today throughout the capitol.  Usually, Arkansans that will be visiting the capitol call our office to set up a tour time, and one or two interns will serve as their guide for the tour.  The group I helped with today was from Russellville.  They were so nice and we actually have some mutual friends.  Also, when you give tours, the day goes by a little quicker.
     Tonight was our first softball game to go to!  We won 27-16 (I think).  I was the only intern to start and had some really great hits and a few RBIs!  Afterwards, everyone went to Tortilla Coast for dinner.  It was so yummy!  I have to admit, I've been missing cheap Mexican food, and while there aren't any La Huertas here in DC, this came pretty close.
     I think that will do it for today!  I will try to become more blog savvy so I can post neat pictures and what not.

2 comments:

  1. Can I start calling you an RBI girl? haha just kidding. You're a DD for life! I'm SOO glad you're a blogger now! Welcome to the club. It's fun :) and your page is just precious. Who were the people from Russellville? My grandparents and brother are headed to D.C. this weekend. They are staying at my cousins house. I love reading about your adventures. Keep em comin. See you in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Welcome to the blog world :D I am from Conway, Arkansas, but we moved to Las Vegas, Nevada 4 years ago. I want to move closer to my friends & family...I miss them so much! Me & my twin sister LOVE blogging, especially since with both have babies now & we live so far apart :)
    <3 Bon
    www.thebrownfamilyblog.com

    ReplyDelete