Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

DC Adventures! (7.26.11)

Let me tell you about one of my new favorite snacks from one of my new favorite places... Trader Joe's Corn and Chile Salsa.  Since I have been in DC, I have come to know Trader Joe's quite well, as it is the go-to grocery store in this Wal*Mart-less town.  They don't supply any name brand items, only their own brand, which is somewhat generic, but still extremely good.  They have fresh flowers and Two Buck Chuck-- you know all of the interns love that.  Everything is super fresh and relatively inexpensive.  Can't go wrong!  ...Back to my snack.  You can eat it with wheat thins or throw some on a salad, even a sandwich, or grilled chicken.  I eat mine cold, but I'm sure it is fine at room temperature as well!  There are some pretty good-looking recipes for the salsa online.

Nom, nom, nom.

This morning, a group of Boozman 'terns made the trek across the Hill to the Longworth building for a hearing on the Fair Tax.  We were so pumped to see Mike Huckabee!  He did such a great job.  Huck is always so articulate and you want to hear what he has to say when he speaks.  Today was no different.  We had to go show our support for the fellow Arkansan.  However, I did get a little distracted by a certain Representative from Illinois.  If you know anything about politicians, you know I am talking about Schock,  Aaron Schock.  And for those of you who don't know...

Aaron Schock Men's Health Cover

You now know why I may or may not have gazed at him throughout the hearing.  He had to leave early though.  I guess I'll have to give him my number later, because he definitely isn't married, and he definitely is a Republican. What's not to lust love?

Tonight's agenda?  Sushi then McFadden's.  Peace, you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment