Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

DC Adventures! (7.14.11)

     The date of today always makes me think of the song "Everything" by Stereo Fuse when it says "Born on the 14th of July, the smell of roses made her cry."  I would randomly sing that in the office throughout the day. :)
     Started off my day right by deciding what I was going to wear last night.  So, not only was I early getting ready, but I also looked super cute in a black pencil skirt with a multi-colored over sized blouse from Grey Dog that I tucked in- complete with purple peep-toe heels (duh). 
     After getting to the hill and helping sort out newspapers to the staff, I headed to a Ag Committee hearing on rural employment.  They had two panels- one who focused on energy efficiency, and one who talked about biofuels.  The energy efficiency panel talked a lot about the RESPA act, and how that would play a role with people paying off homes that had new energy efficiency methods. (I think)  I kind of got distracted during the second panel discussion, mainly because someone felt it appropriate to put the thermostat on 64.  My toes were turning a blue/purple color... they were starting to blend in with my shoes!  All I wanted to do was lean over to Pryor's interns and ask them for one of their jackets, but I refrained.  I did hear one of panelists from Georgia make the comment, "If you do what you've always done, you will get what you've always gotten."  I liked that.
     By the end of the hearing, it was about 11:30, and I went back to the office and listened to the group of interns talk about Bernanke's briefing on what's new with the Federal Reserve.  He thinks we should raise the debt ceiling... idiot.  Lauren and I went to lunch with Jordan and Katie, two other Boozman interns who are sweethearts, at Union Station.
     I was supposed to give a tour today to the family of a Sergeant who is overseas, but it got canceled. :/ So, instead, I went with Merrick (sweet Boozman intern), to a hearing about EPA's Appalachian Energy Permitorium.  We got there a little before 1:30, which was when it was supposed to start, but it got pushed back an hour because of voting.  Then, it got postponed another hour, so we bailed (with permission, of course).  We went back to the office and answered constituent calls for the rest of the day.
     After work, Lauren and I came home.  She changed clothes and went to the Congressional baseball game and I layed down because I wasn't feeling too hot.  Tomorrow, Lauren and I are heading to Boston to see our cousins!  I'm looking forward to it-- last time our family went to Boston I loved it, and I'm sure this trip will be no different.

No comments:

Post a Comment