Powered by Blogger.

Friday, August 5, 2011

Thank God for my hunting license!

Today was the last day of my DC internship.  It's bittersweet.  I'm ready for Fayetteville life again, but I know I'll miss this experience.  I've seriously had the time of my life, and met some legit people.  Last night, most of our interns went to an SEC tailgate, and I had such a fun time.  What better way to end my time here than to be surrounded by the country's finest?  Disregard the fact that I had to get in on my hunting license because Lauren has my id-- it was a great night!

Katie and me at George!
Let's be honest.  It was a pretty uneventful day at the office.  I worked the front for a while, then made my way to the back for the rest of the day.  Noon came and I went to bible study with Catherine, one of the sweetest people I have ever met.  She is an LC in our office.  She is also an angel.  After work, I went to Holly's house to pick up my id that Lauren had to overnight to DC since it was in her purse when she left town.  Unfortunately, it wasn't there and I guess I'm going to have to charm the TSA guys tomorrow to let me get on the plane.  Maybe they'll appreciate my hunting license as much as the George bouncers did?

Even though after work I had a frustrating evening trying to track down my id, I did manage to purchase a pair of black patent heels.  My last pair was also black patent, but pointy toed.  They were getting too worn-- to the point of the heel stub coming off.  I got my new shoes from Shoe Woo in Union Station.  They had super cute shoes to choose from, and I would have bought more had they had my size... it was one of those instances where I knew God was telling me I only needed one pair.  For that, I am thankful!


The pair I bought today looks a lot like this.
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8Buawom-c_jGj-sDkjAF2YrJ4hpnLg9SpHSPS5Kfm-5xFWMjE

No comments:

Post a Comment