Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Eternal Valentine

     Yesterday was Valentine's Day, one of my favorite days of the year!  I love the idea of celebrating those who mean the most to us in whatever way(s) we choose to.  Ethan and I went to supper at Cafe Rue Orleans (both of our first times and it was NOM) followed by The Vow at Razorback Malco.  Perfect balance of being eventful, but not overdoing it, ya know?  Ethan is such a gentleman and has never treated me as less than a queen.  I will refrain from going on about his dedication to the Lord, relentless work ethic, Einstein-like intelligence level, and rock-hard abs.  Our relationship is so precious.  Not sure how I got so lucky, but I'm thanking God every day!  I always value my time with Ethan, but that's so very easy to do when he treats me like every day is Valentine's Day.  If your significant relationships aren't generating the utmost care, quality, and happiness every single day of the year, then why is that relationship even in your life?
     Besides Ethan, I also have some pretty great family and friends that I would classify as Valentines as well!  It's mind-boggling to imagine how God has pieced together my life and every individual person in it.  Through those people, he has orchestrated intimate relationships that I, in turn, receive countless benefits from.  How undeserving am I, but God sends me these angelic figures that I'm running side-by-side with in this thing called life.  What an encouraging thought!  AND, to know that on top of all that, I also have Jesus Christ as my ultimate Valentine...? Woah.

The Vow

We love because He first loved us. -1 John 4:19
    

No comments:

Post a Comment